According to Deadspin.com , Illinois is #1 with the Chicago style Deep Dish Pizza.
By Bobak Ha'Eri (Own work) [CC-BY-3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons
Here's the rest of the Top 5.
2. Shrimp and grits from South Carolina.
3. The mission-style burrito from California
4. Crab cakes from Maryland.
5. Peach cobbler from Georgia.
23. Hot Hawaiian breakfast from Hawaii. (Really? It's spam, eggs, and rice. Gross!)
25. Bull testicles from Montana. (Seriously?)
33. Bratwurst from Wisconsin. (Now, things are getting personal!)
35. Fried pork tenderloin sandwich from Indiana. (I like tenderloins. They're definitely better than bull testicles...I'm guessing.)
52. Cincinnati Chili from Ohio. (Deadspin put every state, D.C., and getting hit by a car in front of this dish. I think it's good. But they called it "diarrhea sludge.")
Warning: language NSFW