MILWAUKEE (WTAQ) - Governor Scott Walker says he remains “absolutely” confident that he’s not a target of the ongoing John Doe probe into his former aides when he was the Milwaukee County executive.
The Republican Walker told the Associated Press Monday morning that none of the evidence revealed in a public court hearing last week would suggest that he’s being targeted.
Prosecutors unveiled e-mails showing that members of the 2010 Walker campaign for governor met daily with county executive staffers on preserving their boss’s image. But Monday, the governor said the evidence did not prove that county workers were doing campaign work on county time – and Walker says he still has no direct knowledge that such a thing happened.
The e-mails were disclosed at a sentencing hearing for ex-Walker aide Kelly Rindfleisch, who was given six months in jail and three years’ probation for illegally campaigning on county time.
Walker told the AP that if he knew what Rindfleisch was doing, he would have stopped it.