WAUSAU, Wis (WSAU) A home on Wausau's east side was struck by lighting during last night's storms, and suffered minor electrical damage. There are new reports from Thursday morning that the fire flared up. The home was fully engulfed when firefighters returned to the scene in the early morning.
Firefighters were called to the duplex on East Union Avenue around 9pm. The homeowners said they smelled something burning and saw smoke coming from the vents on the second floor. The lightning set some of the homes wiring and electrical components on fire within the walls.
Firefighters say the damage was confined to the upper level of the home, and it's minimal. The family was relocated for the night and there were no injuries.