WISCONSIN RAPIDS, Wis (WSAU) A home in Wisconsin Rapids was destroyed by a fire that started in a charcoal grill.
It happened Tuesday afternoon around 5pm at 7th Avenue South. Firefighters say hot ash from the grill set a wood deck on fire. The fire spread from the deck to the outer wall of the home. It took more than 45 minutes to get the fire under control, and the structure suffered heavy damage.
The home is no longer inhabitable. The Red Cross is helping the two people who live there to relocate.