ARCADIA, WI (WTAQ) - All 13 people who succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning at a house near Arcadia on Sunday have been treated at a hospital, and they're recovering.
Meanwhile, the owner of the house -- Willis Breska -- tells the Eau Claire Leader-Telegram that he installed a new LP gas furnace last fall, and the renters never told anyone that the gas tank was empty.
He said he could have worked something out with his tenants -- and it's better than using the charcoal that was found in the home. Ten people live there, including five children.
An Arcadia police officer and two ambulance EMT's also had to be treated for carbon monoxide poisoning.
Monday, state officials cited the incident in reminding lower income people that government heating grants are still available.
(Story courtesy of Wheeler News Service)