TOMAHAWK, Wis. (WSAU) -- A Tomahawk man found out the hard way why you shouldn’t use illegal fireworks.
The Lincoln County dispatch center received a 9-1-1 call Saturday in the Town of Bradley shortly after 10:00 p.m. The caller was reporting a pickup truck was on fire at a business on Heafford Road near Highway N. Before emergency crews could arrive, a neighbor put out the fire with an extinguisher.
Sheriff’s Investigators say the man admitted firing bottle rockets, and one of them landed in the bed of his 2001 GMC Sierra pickup truck. The bedliner caught fire, and caused damage to the box, tailgate paint, and tail light assembly.
The man was given a warning for lighting illegal fireworks. There were no injuries.