MERRILL, Wis. (WSAU) -- It just wouldn’t be Thanksgiving without a turkey... fire.
There were no injuries, but some property damage at a Town of Pine River home near Merrill on Thanksgiving Day. A resident called 9-1-1 when the turkey fryer caught fire and started to damage the exterior of the garage.
Residents were able to put the fire out before the fire department arrived. The Pine River Fire Chief checked in with the family several times that day to make sure the fire didn’t rekindle and cause further damage.