WAUSAU, Wis (WSAU) Hazmat teams were called to Marathon Electric in Wausau overnight after a chemical reaction at their factory. It happened around 12:45am. Third shift employees were evacuated from the building as a precaution.
There were paramedics and ambulances at the scene. One employee has been taken to the hospital after inhaling fumes.
Several workers say smoke was coming from a barrel inside the plant. It's an area of the plant that puts varnish on the motors and generators that are manufactured there.
About 20 employees were on-duty at the time. Workers have since been allowed back inside. The incident is still under investigation.